Marine Science Internships and Jobs
CORAL RESTORATION AND CONSERVATION INTERNSHIP* Coral Restoration Foundation (CRF) is now accepting applications for the Winter/Spring 2014 semester. The deadline to apply is November 7, 2014. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, at least one letter of recommendation, and list of three references to Ashley Hill at email@example.com.
The Coral Restoration Foundation Inc. (CRF) is a 501 c (3) non-profit conservation organization created to develop offshore coral nurseries and reef restoration programs for critically endangered coral reefs at local, national, and international levels. CRF is headquartered in Key Largo, Florida, CRF is leading the development of nursery and restoration methods to preserve unique genetic lineages of staghorn and elkhorn coral for research and restoration purposes.
*ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP*
Intern positions generally last 3-4 months and are full-time positions that offer a small stipend. Interns can expect to gain a vast amount of experience both on the water and in the CRF Education Center (EC). In the EC, interns perform a range of tasks including answering phones, greeting visitors, answering questions, inputting data, and performing aquarium maintenance. Dive days occur 2-4* times a week, where interns assist CRF staff with various activities including maintenance in CRF’s offshore coral nurseries, outplanting corals to designated restoration sites throughout the Upper Keys, and leading fellow divers participating in our dive programs. During the Winter/Spring internship, interns are instrumental in the success of the annual CRF Gala.
*Diving is weather dependent, and can cause fluctuation in days on the water, sometimes resulting in weeks where there is zero water time.
• Applicant should be enrolled in an undergraduate program, graduate program, or be a recent graduate from a college/university.
• Preference will be given to those applicants with Advanced Open Water certification and higher, and those with previous boat handling and ocean diving experience.
• Applicant must be physically fit and able to work on the water and in the sun for long periods of time.
• Housing and reliable transportation must be provided by the intern.
• All dive gear (excluding tanks) must be provided by the intern.
• Applicant must be 18+ years of age or older.
• Upon selection, candidates will be required to provide a dive physical, dive certifications/log-books, and proof of DAN insurance.
• Applicant will be required to provide proof of CPR/First Aid training.
Learn more about the internship at:
www.coralrestoration.org | firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Seagate Blvd. Key Largo, FL 33037