Marine Science Internships and Jobs
Coral Restoration Foundation is accepting applications for the upcoming session of the Coral Restoration and Conservation Internship program. The program will run from late May 2017 to mid-August 2017. Internship description can be found HERE and dates/deadlines can be found HERE. Find the PDF announcement attached.
Mote offers a variety of internship opportunities for undergraduate/graduate students and recent college graduates interested in a career in the ocean sciences. Mote internships are designed to inspire students with a life-long appreciation and commitment to the conservation and sustainability of our oceans by providing unique, hands-on opportunities to conduct ocean science research, education or support services under the mentorship of Mote scientists, educators, animal care specialists and other professionals. The experience gained through Mote internships should provide both the knowledge and experience base to prepare the intern for entry level employment within related fields.
Summer application deadline is March 1st.
For specific job duties and responsibilities related to internships, please visit https://mote.org/research/internships
To apply for an internship, please visit www.mote.fluidreview.com
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) in Key Largo, FL is now accepting applications for Summer 2017 Marine Conservation Interns. Funding opportunities are available!
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
REEF’s Marine Conservation Internship provides an in-depth look into REEF's Volunteer Fish Survey Project and Invasive Lionfish Program. The internship provides diverse experiences including non-profit operations, outreach and education, field experience, data collection and management, public speaking, event planning and advertising. During the three month internship, you will have many opportunities to dive and volunteer with partner organizations in the Florida Keys and South Florida. Visit www.REEF.org/internship to learn more and apply.
- Exposure to numerous non-profit educational and environmental organizations
- Experience in Florida and Caribbean fish identification and surveying
- Work with students as a counselor for REEF Ocean Explorers Summer Camp
- Assist with the 2017 Invasive Lionfish Summer Derby Series
- Opportunity to become a member of REEF’s Advanced Assessment Team
- Practical field experience in monitoring protocols, procedures, and data management
- Experience with marketing, communications, and graphic design
- Opportunities to teach others about the marine environment during presentations and community outreach
- Gain hands-on experience with diverse tasks and responsibilities at a small non-profit organization
- Network with key figures in marine science, SCUBA diving, underwater photography, and conservation
- Have plentiful opportunities to dive
- Earn college credit, if appropriate
- Receive letters of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship
- Earn dive training certifications from local dive shops and instructors, when applicable
- Make long lasting friendships with like-minded individuals
- Live in the beautiful, sunny Florida Keys, where the ocean is your backyard
Application deadline is March 13, 2017. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns contact:
Education Program Manager
Reef Environmental Education Foundation
98300 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, FL 33037