Marine Science Internships and Jobs
The Smithsonian Marine Station is seeking a Summer Animal Husbandry Intern to assist with animal caretaking at the Smithsonian Exhibit at the St. Lucie County Aquarium in Fort Pierce, FL.
You can view all postings at the Smithsonian Marine Ecosystems Exhibit at www.sms.si.edu.
Paid Marine Education Internships at Smithsonian Marine Station, Ft Pierce, FL - DEADLINE FEB 19
The Smithsonian Marine Station is currently accepting applications for two summer education internships, both based at our public aquarium in Fort Pierce, FL.
Please see the pdf files below for the announcements for a Marine Education Intern and a Marine Science Camp Intern. These appointments with stipend will run mid-May through early August 2016.
Application deadline is Friday, February 19th, 2016.
Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) in Key Largo, FL is now accepting applications for Summer 2016 Marine Conservation Interns.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
REEF’s Marine Conservation Internship provides an in-depth look into REEF's Volunteer Fish Survey Project and Invasive Lionfish Program. The internship provides diverse experiences including scientific research, outreach and education, data collection and management, non-profit operations, and public speaking. During the three month internship, you will have many opportunities to dive and volunteer with partner organizations in the Florida Keys and South Florida.
Visit www.REEF.org/internship to learn more and apply.
- Exposure to numerous non-profit educational and environmental organizations
- Experience in Florida and Caribbean fish identification
- Opportunity to become a member of REEF’s Advanced Assessment Team
- Practical field experience in monitoring protocols, procedures, and data management
- Gain experience with marketing, communications, graphic design, and outreach
- Opportunities to teach youth during REEF’s Ocean Explorers Summer Camp
- Making a lasting difference as a valuable member of the REEF team
- Hands-on experience with diverse tasks and responsibilities for important projects
- Network with key figures in marine science, SCUBA diving, underwater photography, and conservation
- Plentiful opportunities to dive
- College credit, if appropriate
- Letters of recommendation provided upon successful completion of the internship
- Dive training certifications from local dive shops and instructors, where applicable
- Make long lasting friendships with like-minded individuals
- Live in the beautiful Florida Keys, where the ocean is your backyard!
Application deadline is March 7, 2016.
Education Program Manager
Reef Environmental Education Foundation
98300 Overseas Hwy.
Key Largo, Fl 33037