Marine Science Internships and Jobs
Please respond to Martha Klitzkie, REEF General Manager, martha@REEF.org
Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) in Key Largo, FL is now accepting applications for the Summer 2014 Marine Conservation Internship.
Application deadline is February 23, 2014. http://www.reef.org/internship
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
REEF’s Marine Conservation Internship provides an in-depth look into REEF's Volunteer Fish Survey Project and Invasive Lionfish Program. Geared towards college-age individuals, the internship provides an array of diverse experiences including scientific diving, outreach and education, data collection and management, non-profit operations, and public speaking. During the four-month long internship, you will have many opportunities to dive and volunteer with partner organizations in the Florida Keys and South Florida. Visit www.REEF.org/internship to learn more and apply.
- Exposure to numerous non-profit educational and environmental organizations
- Experience in Florida and Caribbean fish identification
- Opportunity to become a member of REEF’s Advanced Assessment Team
- Practical field experience in monitoring protocols, procedures, and data management
- Opportunities to teach others about the marine environment
- Making a lasting difference as a valuable member of the REEF team
- Hands-on experience with diverse tasks and responsibilities for important projects
- Network with key figures in marine science, SCUBA diving, underwater photography, and conservation
- Plentiful opportunities to dive
- College credit, if appropriate
- Letters of recommendation provided upon successful completion of the internship
- Dive training certifications from local dive shops and instructors, where applicable
- Make long lasting friendships with like-minded individuals
- Live in the beautiful, sunny Florida Keys, where the ocean is your backyard!
Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF)